Arbio’s forest refuge has basic amenities, so you can connect with nature:
- Rustic cabins built with forest materials on elevated platforms, with roofs made of palm leaves.
- Watchtower for monitoring the forest
- Network of marked trails for exploring the forest and getting to know the Amazon’s large trees
- UHF radio communication device
- Generator for recharging batteries (provides light for two hours at night).
- Boat for navigating the river.
Internet and cellular service don’t reach us and we are off the grid of public services (electricity, water, sewage).
We also have camping areas on raised platforms with designated space for those who prefer their own tent with more privacy. We also hope to have tree tents in the near future for those who want to sleep hanging from trees.
- All food included (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Lodging in shared cabin, simple beds with mosquito nets
- Shared sanitary services (use of biodigesters for water treatment)
- Guidance and accompaniment in all activities
- Land and river transportation to the refuge
- All the advantages that the forest offers: clean air, a beach on the river bank, 100% organic food harvested from the farm, the visual beauty of the landscape, the sounds of the forest, and the connection with nature.
What should you bring?
- Lightweight trousers and long-sleeved T-shirts
- Hat and bandana to protect head and neck
- Hiking footwear and sandals
- Insect repellant and sunscreen
- Bathing suit
- Sleeping bag
- Antihistamines or other personal medication
- Personal water bottle
- Camera, smiles, and enthusiasm for entering the forest!
- Domestic or international flights
- Airport taxes
- Additional nights due to flight cancellations
- Alcoholic or bottled drinks
- Insurance of any type
- Phone calls or messaging service
- Flight reconfirmation or personal matters